Immigration Services for Physicians


Immigration Services for Physicians

Are you a foreign-born doctor who wants to work in the United States?


Are you a foreign-born doctor who completed your residency or fellowship in the United States and is wondering about your future in the country?

Are you seeking quality representation to handle all the details of your case so you won’t have to worry about a possible delay or denial?

Are you a busy doctor looking for an attorney who will take care of you as expertly as you take care of your patients?”


If so, let Weinstock Immigration Lawyers help you with all your paperwork and regulatory issues so that you can focus on what is truly important – caring for your patients.

Our top-rated firm specializes in providing optimal immigration solutions to physicians and medical researchers. With more than 35 years of combined experience, our highly-skilled lawyers regularly represent foreign medical graduates, researchers and other healthcare professionals to obtain work visas and green cards.

We have completed hundreds of successful cases for our clients in the healthcare industry. Our specialized experience gives us unique insight on how best to serve our healthcare professional clients. We have a holistic understanding of immigration laws and how they affect physicians and hospitals. We know how to address common concerns such as filing for J-1 Waivers, obtaining H-1B Visas in times when the cap is exhausted, and petitioning for green cards when the Department of Labor increases PERM audits and denial rates.

We are sensitive to your busy schedule. We understand you may not have time to educate yourself on all the specifics of the immigration process. Our goal is to deliver the best results by leveraging our expertise for your immigration counsel. You will receive warm, personalized service by our team of legal experts every step of the way.


3 Questions Our Physician Clients Commonly Ask US:

1. When should I start searching for an employer?

As early as possible. If you are on a J-1 visa, you will need to file for a waiver before your residency ends – ideally, you should start searching in your second year and sometimes even at the end of your first year. However, we know it’s not always feasible to start so early. Consult with one of our immigration attorneys about what the right thing is for you.

2.  How long does the process take?

It depends on your individual circumstances. Some cases may take only a few days or weeks to process, while others can take months. Therefore, it is extremely important to hire a quality immigration attorney who knows how to effectively tackle all the regulatory issues affecting physicians, and who will offer a comprehensive strategy for your case from start to finish.

3. Is the process expensive, and who pays for it – me or the hospital?

Although retaining a quality immigration attorney does cost money, it is not as much as you may expect. In many cases, the hospital will pay for our services. But this depends on your particular circumstances and negotiations between the parties involved. Even if you are responsible for some of the cost, it will be offset by the potential for a highly-paid job.

One month of delay in your visa may cost you at least $10,000 in lost salary if you are a primary-care physician. It will cost much more if you are a specialist. Depending on your visa, you may be asked to leave the country in order to re-enter at a later date. If your immigration needs are not handled correctly, you can be stuck outside the country until certain provisions are met. Ask yourself: is the cost you save on immigration worth putting your competitive edge at risk? 


Our experienced immigration lawyers can assist you with the following: 

If you are ready to start the immigration process, or if you have any additional questions, call our office today. We will determine the best strategy for your case and help you avoid common problems which may lead to delays and denials.