Biden: Resetting the Tone of the Immigration System
On January 20, 2021, Biden introduced an immigration bill to Congress. As introduced, the bill would give a path to citizenship to 11 million undocumented immigrants currently living in the United States. The U.S. Citizenship Act of 2021 establishes a new system to responsibly manage and secure our border, keep our families and communities safe, and better manage migration across the Hemisphere. The U.S. Citizenship Act would: PROVIDE PATHWAYS TO CITIZENSHIP & STRENGTHEN LABOR PROTECTIONS
- Create an earned roadmap to citizenship for undocumented individuals.
- Keep families together.
- Embrace diversity.
- Promote immigrant and refugee integration and citizenship.
- Grow our economy.
- Protect workers from exploitation and improve the employment verification process.
- Supplement existing border resources with technology and infrastructure.
- Manage the border and protect border communities.
- Crack down on criminal organizations.
- Start from the source.
- Improve the immigration courts and protect vulnerable individuals.
- Support asylum seekers and other vulnerable populations.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
The United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) extended Afghans’ temporary immigration protected status on Wednesday, bringing praise from immigration advocates and calling for a